These instructions are designed to help you install Photoshop actions in Photoshop (CS6, CC, 2020, & 2021).
- Done installing? Check out these videos on how to use Photoshop actions.
- Using Adobe Elements? Here are the instructions on how to install Photoshop actions in Elements 15-20.
HOW TO INSTALL PHOTOSHOP ACTIONS
STEP 1: RECEIVE YOUR DOWNLOAD EMAIL
Immediately after your purchase, you will receive a download email. If you haven't received this email, check your spam folder and add us as a safe sender. If you still can't find it, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be a problem with the email that you originally provided.
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD THE ACTIONS
Your download will contain a zipped file. Back-up this file for future reference. Each purchase comes with two lifetime downloads. Can't find your downloaded file? Downloaded files are often found in the downloads file on your hard drive.
STEP 3: UNZIP THE FILES
If you have a PC: Right-click on the downloaded folder and then click “extract all”. If you have a MAC: Double-click on the downloaded folder and your computer will automatically extract all.
Save the extracted files in a documented location on your computer.
STEP 4A: INSTALL THE ACTIONS
Double-click on the .atn files and your actions will automatically install. This process should work for most set-ups.
STEP 4B: INSTALL THE ACTIONS
If double-clicking the .atn files does not work, there is a second method.
- Open Photoshop.
- Open Actions. This is done by selecting "Window" from the horizontal menu, followed by the selection of "Actions" in the consequent drop-down menu.
- Select the Actions Palette menu button. This is located in the top-right of the Actions Palette.
- A drop-down menu will appear from selecting the Actions Palette menu button. Click "Load Actions" from the drop-down menu.
- Select one of the .atn files from the download.
- Repeat the process for each .atn file.