Desktop to Mobile - Sync presets to Lightroom Mobile app via Lightroom (CC) for desktopFollow
Please note: As of 2019, the Creative Cloud/Cloud-based version of Lightroom is simply referred to as "Lightroom", with the Classic version of Lightroom listed as "Lightroom Classic". We use "Lightroom CC" in this article to clearly differentiate from Lightroom Classic, as the "Classic" versions of Lightroom cannot sync presets to mobile via the Creative Cloud.
Important! These instructions are for users who have paid (or pay via subscription) for Adobe Lightroom CC, which enables the ability to sync Luxe presets between your desktop and mobile apps. For users who only use the free Lightroom mobile app (no paid access), please follow the instructions to install our DNG presets into your mobile app for iOS or Android.
Many of our customers ask about using Luxe presets in their Lightroom mobile app, and with the recent Adobe release, this is now possible! For users who pay for Adobe Lightroom CC, here's how to do it:
- First, make sure you have the latest update of Lightroom CC desktop and Lightroom mobile . You can view your version by going to the Help menu in Lightroom CC for desktop and selecting System Info. Likewise, you can update your software by navigating to Help > Updates. (This will take you to your Adobe Creative Cloud console.)
- Download your presets in XMP format and do NOT unzip. (If on Mac: You can stop Safari from unzipping your presets by heading to Preferences > General in Safari and unchecking the option at the bottom which read "Open 'safe' files after downloading"). If you end up unzipping your presets, you can always select all of the XMP files at import.
- In Lightroom click the "Presets" button to open your presets. In the Presets panel, select "..." to open the presets menu. Within the drop-down menu, select Import Presets. Import the presets from the location import the whole .zip file or files you downloading containing your XMP presets. (Lightroom will install any compatible files located in that .zip and reject any incompatible files).
- Once your presets are installed, double-check to make sure that Lightroom CC is synced by clicking on the cloud icon.
- Your presets are now synced with Lightroom mobile! If you imported a large amount of presets, you may experience a delay as they load into your mobile app.
- To apply presets in Lightroom mobile, simply open a picture, select edit from the drop-down menu, and then select the presets button:
Troubleshooting Tip: If you cannot find your presets in Lightroom mobile after checking your Creative Cloud Sync, you may not be logged into the Adobe account associated with your desktop subscription. Make sure to log-in with the same Adobe account across devices you wish to sync.