If you unsure of the difference between Lightroom Classic & Lightroom (CC) be sure to check out THIS article before continuing!
Installing presets for the first time can be confusing, as different versions of the software require different file formats. To make this simple, we've provided a quick-guide for determining your software version so you can be 100% sure that you've downloaded the correct file type and that you're following the correct installation instructions.
STEP 1: Find your Software Version Information
Open Lightroom Classic > click on the Help > click on System Info.
Lightroom (CC) for desktop:
Open Lightroom (CC) > click on the Help > click on System Info.
Lightroom Mobile (free app):
Open Lightroom Mobile > Open the main menu > Select "About Lightroom"
Remember, you can easily sync your presets with the free Lightroom mobile app, if you have a paid subscription to Adobe Lightroom CC for desktop. If you're only using the Lightroom mobile app, you can still install files directly to the mobile app for iPhone/iPad and Android.
Open the Help menu > select About Photoshop. On a Mac, open the Photoshop menu > select About Photoshop.
Unfortunately, Adobe has not designed the in-browser application to support the import of presets.
STEP 2: Match your software version with the correct installation instructions.
- Install Lightroom presets in Lightroom Classic versions 5.0 - 7.2
- Install Lightroom presets in Lightroom CC 2015
- Install Lightroom presets in Lightroom Classic versions 7.3 and later
- Install Lightroom presets in Lightroom CC desktop versions 1.0 and later
- Sync presets to Lightroom mobile app via Lightroom (CC) desktop versions 1.0 and later
- Install DNG presets directly into the Lightroom Mobile App (iOS, Android, iPad)
- Install Presets directly into the Lightroom Mobile App (Android)
- Install Lightroom presets in Photoshop CS6 Adobe Camera Raw
- Install Lightroom presets in Photoshop CC, and 2020 Adobe Camera Raw (ACR)